4.15.2011

Dueling Darlings - Heading to the Cinema!



 ** I have two posts today -- please scroll up for the hop/blog candy post!**

Morning!  It's time for another round of Dueling Darlings:  the Divas -vs- the Darlings!  This month, our hostess was the fabulous Joan and she sent us the most amazing card kit filled with old time, vintage movie papers - or as she said, Movie Night "Old School" style! 

Ohhhhh did I ever love what she sent to us with the images and this paper and wow, there was soooo much in this card kit, it was hard to chose!  I think one of my favorite elements of all where these tiny little photo corners ;)  All of my old photo albums have them around the corners of our black and white pictures - little black ones in most albums, as the white ones were a little harder to come by back then!   For the front of my card, I actually didn't use a stamped image but part of the gorgeous Graphic 45 'Curtain Call collection' paper as my focal point.  For a little history of how this silent film was remade into several versions of the movie as well as a tv series, lookie here!

I also decorated the inside of my card with some of the remaining items (and there is still enough left over to make another 3 cards!)  and one of the styles I love the most in card making is a collage type look.  I failed at that here, rofl, but you get the idea :)  A little mish-mash of materials gives your cards or projects such a unique reflection, and more time to play with the goodies sent!  Tee hee!!



Thank you, Joan, for inspiring us to think outside the box this month!  As someone who grew up just within the time-frame of watching tv in black and white, this was a wonderful trip down memory lane and a treasure to use the kit ingredients you sent!  Muah!! 

Now be sure to stop in and see what the other Divas have created using similiar kits ~

     * Barb   * Carol   * Jamie   * Joan    *Judy   *Kelly {you're here!}   *LJ   *Tami

And to find out what our dueling partners used for "Movie Night" this month, you can find the blog roll list here on Jeanette's blog.


blessings to you!
xoxo
~Kelly

22 comments:

  1. Kelly, i totally like the old style. The papers and the tickets looks fabulous. Love it. Schönes Wochenende !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! WOW!!! Words escape me to truly tell you how much I love your card! How much I love Joan's kit! (After all, I majored in theatre in college, you know.) The collage, aged look is definitely stunning! Great job, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your collage look! I think keepin' it simple on the front was the way to go!!
    Another fun card, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh... this is awesome! I love the vintage feel... that paper is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Card Kelly! I love the layout and the inside rocks! Great use of many of the wonderful parts that Joan sent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Kelly. I love the collage look and the vintage look. You rocked the kit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card, Kelly! Love how you used the beautiful elements included in Joan's card kit. I know exactly what you mean by having a difficult time deciding what elements to use. But you have used them so beautifully and inspire me to create some more cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card, Kelly! Love how you used the beautiful elements included in Joan's card kit. I know exactly what you mean by having a difficult time deciding what elements to use. But you have used them so beautifully and inspire me to create some more cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, super fabulous vintage card! I really like the collage look you created. Vintage is a style that I struggle with always and you achieved it beautifully/effortlessly with this card! Very refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic vintage look...so rich and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally love your card, you captured the essence of the Graphic 45 "Curtain Call" and stepped outside the box. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Weren't these the greatest papers to work with?! I too just used the paper instead of an image. I love the way you layered the DP's. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhh, you did an awesome job too Kelly! I just loved this kit. Definitely alot to choose from.


    (P.S. I love this song on your (age!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This kit must have been great, I'm lovin everyone's cards so much!
    The soft flowers on your front look as if they are right from that era, and the inside is perfect also!! Another fantastic creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are really neat!!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow....how much stuff did Joan send you ladies?? Every card has been so different and COOL!!

    I love it Kelly...great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a fabby card!!!
    ..and it is totally vintageee too ..wowww...
    (I will never believe ya again when U say U CANNOT do vintage!LOL)
    This is truly stunning Kell!!
    Love those rosettes in the front too and the collage on the inside..love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh MY! What a wonderfully vintage card! I love the kit Joan sent ya'll :) Great accents girl!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just fabulous - inside and out!! Those papers and images are wonderful and everything works together just beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Vintage fabulous-ness!!! Gorgeous, in every way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow Kelly, great job on this card. I had fun with this too but you really did an awesome job using so much of the kit...it is so much fun to see your interpretation turned out. I too am of that age between black and white and color...Loved this kit and had to really set outside of the box...You did a wonderful job on the inside as well as the outside...way to go my friend...."FUNTASTIC" ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete