5.28.2011

It's a Dueling Darling Diva's Calendar Two-fer! :)






Evenin'!   Hope your long Memorial Weekend is off to a great start!   Today is the day the Calendar Girls shows off their card posts, and in my case, it's also combined with a VERY belated Dueling Darling Diva posts .... so would that make it a Duelandar card?  Or a Carling? LOL!  Either way, today I bring you a two-fer card from two-fer of my favorite peoples evah, Carol and Barb!! {*muah!*}

Before I get to my card, I wanted to announce the Riley Blog Hop winner of a Riley stamp - Yuki!   Please contact me at Kelnkids@aol.com with your name/addresss and choice of Riley - congratulations!

On to the DDD/Calendar Girls card!  Carol was the Diva hostess this month and sent us the most appropriate Kelly kit ever!  COFFEE!  Omgosh, I wish you could have heard the squeal of pure delight when I opened up this envie!  And the sweetest part of all is that the divas and darlings were asked to say something nice about us, the "leaders of the pack" and my eyes were brimming with the one or two posts I've visited (then quickly refrained, much to my sadness, but I didn't want to see any cards until mine was done!)  Truly sweet words and I'm honored to have been thought of as inspiration for the card kit and guess my Starbucks addiction is pretty widely known, tee hee!  Secondly, our hostess for the Calendar Girls this month was the fabulous Barb!  She challenged us to make  a different shape/folded card and I have not made one of these hopskotch cards in like 4 YEARS!  Seriously!!  This was one of the first folds I made in a card class over 4.5 years ago!!  Old Skool :)   But the second she challenged us to make a shaped folded card, this was the first thing that popped into my head and I totally went with the idea!  I have shamelessly had this card done for well over 2 weeks and I won't bore you with all the absolutely unbelievable things going on here, but suffice it to say, I'm glad ONE of these cards is posted on time and hopefully they haven't thrown me out of the group that I know of since I haven't been able to get to SCS either - eek!

Being from a military family, I salute our veterns past and present and hope you take a moment this weekend of silence and prayer to reflect on the wonders of this country! I'm so proud of each and every one of our veterans.   My Dad has been gone 5 years as of March and every single day I miss him dearly.  I will lay a wreath on his grave tomorrow and treasure the freedom granted to us by the sacrifices of so many and treasure this gift called Freedom! x0x0

Blessings!
xoxo
~Kelly







From Carol's scrumptious Kit, she sent us this yummi stamped image from StampingBella and the DSP you see on the front panels of this cards. I call it a hopskotch fold/card though I have no idea what the fold is!  You take 4 identical papers and after making the right incisions, you fold them into each other until you have a 4 squares card with flaps and a wide base. 
She also sent a cache of ribbons and buttons and I used one of the flowers meshed with some I had on hand and her buttons to create the flower accents and in case you might not have  noticed, the flowers also include a coffee sleeve cutout flower I made with paper shapers!  Too cute!! (and a great way to "Go Green"!)
I paired it with some Concord Grape and Kiwi Kiss to bring out the colors of the dsp Carol sent, and the rest I had in my stash.  She was so generous with her card kit, stay tuned for another couple of cards in the near future!

Thanks for stopping by - be sure to visit the other Calendar Girls this month and see what Barb inspired them to create!
x0x0
Entered into:
ABC Challenge:  V is for Vilolets

23 comments:

  1. OHH WOWOWOWOWW!!!What a delight for the eyes! This cards pops pops pops pops.....ehehe..I absolutly LOVE it and never seen one like thos evah! (definetly NEED to know WHERE I can find instructions to case this intruiging and very unique fold Kells!! *wink*)
    I am still picking up my jaw from the floor....lol...the colors are so vibrant and so gorgeously combined...love the flowers , the sweet Sbuck image...in a nutshell...what a winner this card is!!!:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelly! This is so beautiful!!! I totally love it!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Hanna girlfriend.....WOW, WOW, WOW...you rocked this...well worth the wait..GORGEOUS, BEAUTIFUL, AMAZING card...I don't seriously think I could make one of these...I absolutely love this...Standing "O" for you my dear. FABULOUS...seriously Kelly it looks so difficult and is a real stunner...great job with the kit and the jaw dropping fold...hang in there, I'm here if you need me...I know things haven't been easy the past year...seems like on thing is running right into another...sending much love and hugs your way....♥♥♥ mwahhhhh.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun folded card! Love how it all came together. Have a blessed holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything coffee, too! I *HEART* this card! awesome fold and I love what you did with the image. AWESOME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great combo! I love the colors you chose together.

    I have never seen that fold. I am so not with the fold program! LOL

    I love seeing what you girls come up with. Great job on the challenge.

    I hope that 'life' things have settled down some. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Never seen that fold before, it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just can't go wrong with coffee as your theme! It's my life line these days LOL! Your card is just amazing... never seen one like this before!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card - whatever you call the fold! I must go look into making one....wonder if it is possible to find my scrap area this weekend even??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your folded card. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Love the fold out card and such a wonderful little surprise when you open it up. Love it!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh is this ever fabulous! never expected that to be on the inside. (secret.... i'm having a cuppa as i read your blog).

    hugs & smiles

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card and I love that is a two-fer! Sweet card for the Darlings as well as the Calendar girls. You rocked both the challenges and I really like this shape--I need to find a resource as to how to make it!

    Thanks so much for being the Leader of the Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is soooooo amazing, Kel!! I couldn't believe they are one piece. The card itself is darling!! Love that cup of coffee and the green heart.......adorable! Now that folding.....wowza!! you amaze me..... I love it! One day you will have to do a tutorial for dummies like me. :)))) And the PP choice....the flowers are gorgeous.

    P.S.... soooooooo excited I won! shooting u an email now....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card and just love the fold, such fun getting to the bottom. Too funny having the coffee :) Hope you are all doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card Kelly...and I am absolutely OK with the fact that it's a two-fer!!! We all understand that things have been crazy for you and we will never kick you out of any of our groups! I hope you know that ☺

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How!!!!!!!!!!!!! CUTE!!!!!!!!!! What a creative fold! Great, great card girl. Well worth the wait ;) love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness, Kelly, your card is gorgeous! I love the unique fold/shape you used, so appropriate for Barb's Calendar Girl Challenge and that fun kit was certainly used in a fantastic way for the Dueling Darlings. Love your creativity, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well aren't you the smart one...combining the challenges and all!!! Way to go girl! Love the hopscotch fold. Need to give it a try as I have never heard of it before. Love the bright purple paper and of course, the image inside is perfect...I can just see you hanging around a big old cup of Starbucks!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card, love the layout. Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge.
    Hugs,Minna

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the fold technique! And who doesn't love a card w/ coffee??? Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear sweet, wonderful, amazing Kelly, I love, love, love your beautiful card! What a fantastic fold...I'll have to give this one a try. Thanks for the inspiration. You inspire me all the time and your friendship has made my life so much richer! Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete