8.24.2011

Tag - You're it!


Hi there!  We're still keeping an eye on Hurricane Irene and so far, the advisory looks like we'll be okay - PTL.  Schools are still open even though the torrentail rain is coming down here, but overall, we're battenin' down the hatches and I think we're as ready as we'll ever be.  I took the doggies for their walk in between the rain drizzles earlier and they were both so spooked and acting strange - sniffing the air, hiding under my legs, barking at absolutely nothing.   Eeek!

This week, Pixie Dust Studio has a new challenge -- Tag, You're it!  I enjoyed reading Pixie's Pix "Wings", the Pixie's Bookshelf August read.  I created a bookmark tag to use with "Wings", and used the digi Pearls of Wisdom by turning her into Laurel!  Laurel meets David in Anatomy class so I thought this image would be perfect for new the new high school student who's year ahead is filled with many enchanting surprises!  I added some glitter to her hair from the moment she attended the costume ball *wink!* And, the butterfly papers are to represent the wings .... but you'll have to read up on this New York Time's Best Seller book if you want to know more as that's all I'm saying!





And did you know you still have a few days left to play along with the Pixie "Wings" Challenge?  There are a few ways to win!  Come on by and see all the prizes you could win - you still have 'til August 29th!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Big hugs!
Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly

Bookmark tag deets:  SU Green Galore, Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, PTI White;
DSP:  K & Company Carolyn Gavin "Greenhouse", Image from Pixie Dust Studio "Pearl of Wisdom",
prismacolor markers, K & Company felt flowers, Glue pen, Martha Stewart Fine Glitter, tombo

Entered into:  The Crazy Challenge - Back to school!

19 comments:

  1. This is such an adorable bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super SUPER cute!!!!! Be safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly this bookmark is ADORABLE! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet! Love the Laural & David connection. Stay safe and 'listen' to the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the sweetest things EVAH!!! love it!!! What pretty papers and an oh so sweet image.

    Glad you are safe from the hurricane. Now we are keeping a close eye on it ;)

    sending LOTS of hugs and smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet and adorable and will make reading fun just to look at it. Hmm...may have to go see what this book is all about :) Stay safe and dry, give puppies some belly rubs ad hugs. Now I need to keep an eye on RI, where my son is, it looks like it will hit my favorite place, Outerbanks and then on to RI. Prayers for my DS and his safety.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful book mark! Great image and paper too.
    Stay safe!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful corner bookmark, Kelly !! I love to read and i love bookmarks. I like the layout of yours.Your DP and colors are as always great. Very pretty my friend !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeek! This is soooo super cute! Great papers!

    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8/24/2011

    Oh my goodness, what a DARLING bookmark, Kelly! So cheery, definitely something to make any reader smile. I haven't read this book, but I'm going to have to check it out now after all those clues you dropped. ;-) Praying you and your family stays safe and that Irene peters out before she can cause any harm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute bookmark. I love it! Praying Irene doesn't cause any harm. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a CUTE bookmark Kelly! I LOVE that image & colors you used...your coloring is FAB as always too! Very nice work my friend & TFS!!!

    Glad to hear you're safe from the storm & I'll pray that you'll continue to be!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's adorable and the butterfly really adds to the charm.

    ReplyDelete
  14. kelly, this is such a fab book mark!! I gotta try this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This bookmark is so sweet! Love the colors:) Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge hugs Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great bookmark Kelly. Love the sweet image and the felt flower and butterfly. We didn't get much rain here from the hurricane. My heart goes out to those that were hit by it...It could have been us. Oh how well I remember 2004!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous8/30/2011

    Kelly, what a sweet bookmark. So happy you played along with Pixie and Honey on the BOOKSHELF!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay, stop with making the cutest dang bookmark! Really clever idea. The image and DP's work perfect together. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so cute! I love her glittery hair!

    ReplyDelete