8.23.2011

Yikes - A hurricane?






Wowee, we are under siege with one serious thunderstorm outside tonight!  We just ran out in torrential rain and rescued our lawn furniture blowing across the lawn, grabbed my daughter's poor bunny cage and brought Socks inside and praying the gusts of wind leave the trampoline and swingsets in their spots!  It took dh nearly 45 minutes to find gas here today and that was after hitting 3 gas stations with the first two being "sold out".  Luckily, I did grocery shopping on Sunday so we are good to go.  We are carefully watching the news for updates on Irene and hoping that she doesn't gain strength, and of course, praying for all those in her path and projected path.   The girls had a great first day of school today and of course are crossing fingers for "hurricane days" this week - kids!!

So how about a little sunshine? :)   Today at Riley and Company Challenge blog, DT member Jovita challenged us to create a card with some sunshine - you can see the challenge blog here!  I couldn't wait to ink up this new Sunflower Riley for the challenge because I love sunflowers!  I love their colors and the brightness they bring to our kitchen table when dh brings them home - they look like bursts of sunshine :)  I cased one of my own cards, ROFL, and used up my MFT paper pack of dsp, propped up the sunflower for some added depth and used one of my wonky nesties just for fun :)  



Take a peek at the challenge blog for some more DT inspiration!  Due to the intermitent weather and sporatic signals, I will be by to visit you tomorrow in between kiddie drop offs and pick ups!  (School is open tomorrow, the rest of the week is a wait-and-see!)

And thank you SOOO much for the great comments on yesterdays card - I think I'll definitely try to color the image differently and maybe switch up the card layout as well - you are all AWESOME!!! x0x0xO

Big hugs!
Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly

Card deets:  SU Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay, Summer Sun, Riley and Company Stamp:  Sunflower Riley,
Ink:  Momento Black, colored with prismacolor markers; DSP - MFT paper pack from Cosmo Cricket; Cuttlebug, nesties, 3 d dots, cord, AC button, MM brads, tombo, trimmer
Submitted to these challenges:  Paper Creations Ink #7 - Show us your Flowers!
Stamps R Us Challenge - Anything Goes

23 comments:

  1. Super fun and sunny card! Wow that Is some crazy weather, please send some rain my way we are preparing for 116 on Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute card, hope you all stay safe from that hurricane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card...am partial to sunflowers!!
    Praying that Irene dissipates before reaching you. I will admit that I went out to the Weather Service site to check when I heard it was coming your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous, love how you popped the flower up

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute with Riley holding that flower and the bright sunny colors. I am watching the storm as well, since my brother and my parents have homes on the east coast of FL about 3 hours north of you and now it looks like it is gaining speed and heading for the east coast and my poor beloved Hatteras :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Love how you are able to combine different dp's. Praying you don't have a problem with the storms and are not in her path.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, love the bright sunny colours! I hope the weather passes without too much damage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card. I hope the storm doesn't gain strength.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8/23/2011

    So glad to hear that you are OK hun!! What a scary storm! I'm hoping we get some rain as it is so dry around here, but I can do without the storms!

    I adore your card today!! This is one Riley that is too adorable not to like!! :) Great sunshine theme!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelly... Your card is awesome! I love the layout and Riley is soooo adorable!!! Thank You for joining us at Paper Creations Ink! Have a wonderful week! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bright happy colors-great card!! Stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute, Kelly. Love how you popped up the sunflower. And that DP is fabulous.
    I was thinking about you this morning after seeing the news about the hurricane. Stay safe! Hopefully it will turn away from y'all.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card! I love that Riley image and his sunflower is sooo cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamps R Us!
    Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How very cute! Your design rocks and the mix of dsp looks so cool. What a perfect background for this sweet Riley image.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! I love your bright, sunny papers and your layout is awesome. Stay safe, I hope Irene stays away.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is darling Kelly!! Love the papers you used and Sunflower Riley was an awesome choice for this challenge, tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. kelly, what a great card hope u guys r ok!

    ReplyDelete
  18. adorable card, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a happy card! He's a cutie and I really like your bright papers. I hope your weather is holding. I can't imagine huricane days!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Stamps R Us Challenges.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous card kelly and I surely hope the sun will shine for you soon and that it turns out fine (no damages etc)
    thanks for joining the PCI challenge this week
    greetz
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous8/24/2011

    I love this card, it's so bright and cheerful. The popped up sunflower adds a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous8/24/2011

    This card is definitely a ray of sunshine! Such cheery papers, and Riley always brings a smile to my face. Love your great layout, too. WOW -- that is some scary weather, Kelly! Will definitely be praying for you all that it clears out SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A very fun and sunny card. Great job!

    ReplyDelete