8.25.2014

Anything But a Card!

 
Hello friends! 

 
 
We're full swing back to school here with a terrific first week behind us ♥
My son started a new school this year and came home
with smiles and tales of his new classroom.
He's a friendly kid that makes fast friends anywhere he goes
and walked to pick up point flanked by two new faces,
chatting away! 
 In one week, he got settled into his new class,
bought lunch in a 'real cafeteria with a real metal tray!'
(this apparently was BIG STUFF ... who knew!),
tried out for a part in the classroom play, trying out for a tiny role ...
and landed a lead after the teacher heard him reading - my baby!

Speaking of reading, today's post is from the Cornish Heritage Farms
Stamp Company and our challenge this week is from Irit.
We are to make Anything But a Card (or ABC).

For my sweet little man, I made him a bookmark. 
I thought it would be perfect for his back to school reads ♥

 
 
 



For my bookmark, I used the corner bookmark style.
Super easy!
When the book closes, it's super flat and keeps the place nicely.
I've added the digi "All Ears" by Cornish Heritage Farms to this bookmark,
colored in prismacolor markers.
He appreciated it and added it his library book straight away
(not this one, this is just a photo op book - LOL!)
and I got a big 'ol hug in return!
I love my son! ♥
 
 
We'd love for you to play along in the challenge!
If you'd like to add your CHF cards/or ABC projects this week,
and if you post to a gallery other than the CHF Challenge blog,
please use the keyword CHF60.
 
Thanks for stopping by today :)
Big hugs, Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly
 
I'll enter this into: All Crafts Challenge - Anything But a card
  Crafty Sentiments - Animals
The Crazy Challenge - Cute Little Animals
 
 
 

25 comments:

  1. Aww Kelly - they grow up so fast!! Gorgeous bookmark, and so appropriate for a young man.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute !! Love those Bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Kelley...this is so adorable and I'm sure your son will put it to good use. I love it and the doggie. Your son sounds as if he is a really outgoing little guy. Enjoy him to the fullest. I'm sure you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this precious bookmark, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, it's so cute - and useful too! Love the little pup on it. Your son sounds like a joy to have around and I'm sure he is too!
    Love the deal with the metal tray and cafeteria! How cute.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great start to the school year for him. This is wonderful. he will love it. Be prepared to make more. He is sure to wear it out in a hurry. lol. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my this is such a darling bookmark Kelly!! Great idea for your son! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 2 cute, Kelly! Reading your last two posts, put a smile on my face. I enjoyed how you wrote about your family and the back-to-school activities!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so fabulous!! I love the design and that sweet puppy!! I bet your son loved this!! Congrats to him on the lead in the play!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. What am adorable bookmark! I need to make something for my Bean since she will be doing lots of reading this year. Congrats to your little guy and his big part!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohmygosh. SO ADORABLE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kudos to your son, love his enthusiasm and unstoppable attitude! Super cute bookmark and if there's a dog involved, it makes it even more special!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable bookmark for an adorable kid. Kudos to him on being friendly and open to new experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great bookmark! Your image is too adorable! Thanks so much for entering our challenge. This week we are partnering with 613 Avenue Create for a special Reduce Your Stash Challenge. If You enter your project into their challenge at http://avenue613.blogspot.com you could win 3 free images from Aurora Wings.
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT, SOS

    ReplyDelete
  15. ah bless he is so cute super job hun and thank you for playing along at All Crafts hugs Judith DT x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute book mark! I need about 10 of those, :) I lose them all the time. And That image is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. so cute
    thanks for playing with us at crafy sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a fun project- love the sweet pup! Also gotta love the colors you used. So awesome the teacher picked him for a lead n the play and that he is fitting in at school so easily!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the "ABC" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Sentiments challenge this week, your card is sweet and the cute 'animal' suits our challenge...♥aNNie


    {Crafty Sentiments Inspirations DT Member}


    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a cute dog image. I have the hardest time coloring pets...and you have mastered it so well on this dog! Very cute card and the papers are bright and cheerful...my type of 'happy' card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and look for our new challenge next Tuesday! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely darling! And your little guy sounds like a superstar!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a darling bookmark...so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It sounds like Back to School went exceptionally well at your home!
    I love the sweet bookmark and just think, he'll remember his wonderful mother every time he sees it!

    ReplyDelete