10.01.2015

Hello, friend ...


Hi friends!  
I hope it's a beautiful day wherever you are in the world ♥
One of the fondest memories I have of childhood
 is receiving a card or letter ...  in the mail!
The snail mail, tiny piece of paper goodness in the mailbox
still brings me great joy to see a card arrive :)

Naturally, when I came across a card chain 
challenge/exchange group, I joined right in.
The card group is hosted, Deborah, and
how it works: You take the name on the list above yours, 
create/send a card using the given challenges
 or you can just send one of your own design, it's up to you!
We post our cards when the month is up so the recipient 
has the joy of surprise in the mailbox, 
just like in the days before cellphones and laptops and ipads ♥
And did I mention there are over 30 different countries that
are represented in the card chain?!
Cards from all over - so unique and wonderful.

This month, there was also a few different challenges and I chose 2 of them:
the Color Challenge and the card layout.  
 This color combination is super scrumptious - cobalt, ivory and olive!




Soooo different for me!  
Gone are the layers, buttons, 3d dimension!
My card stayed in the USA and traveled over to Taunya in Utah 
and I needed it to be mostly flat for happy travels.

I went really old school with this one and inked up my old
CTMH stamp set, Friendship Flowers.

I'll enter this into CAS on Sunday - Polka Dots
Crafting with an Attitude - AG
Crafty Girls - AG 
Crafting by Design - AG
Inspiration Destination - AG
 

Thanks for stopping by!
Big hugs, Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly

14 comments:

  1. Outstanding! Love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly this is a stunner - WOW - perfectly CAS and the way you used the colours is marvelous.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Just love it. A great big "love you friend" statement! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of snail mail...always : ) And, you really knocked this one out of the park- the sketch challenge- WOW- all I can say! And, the colors you used are so awesome! Beautifully done : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're in the best challenge groups and swap groups Kelly. Beautiful CAS style card that shows very well that you were inspired by the color scheme and card sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is brilliant Kelly love the simplicity of the design also the colours a FAB make
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job on both of these challenges. I also love getting snail mail...that's why I do make a effort to get my cards in the mail...especially for birthdays...(even though they are usually late!
    Thank you for the nice comments on my blog, and for letting me know that I am not showing up in your feed.
    For an unknown reason...I am having blog/computer problems...sometimes I can log into my blog sometimes not. (and problems with other things besides blogger...so It's not just that)
    Jim is usually very good at resolving computer issues, but this time I have him stumped. He has tried just about every fix it program, and even time on the phone with our ISP. I don't think he has given up yet in resolving the issue...at least I sure hope not...smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous !
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting with an attitude !
    Good Luck and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Kelly thank you for joining us over on Inspiration Destination
    Dianne x
    IDCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this crisp, clean CAS design,

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet card sure to delight Taunya! A CAS classic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful idea and a wonderful card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes, snail mail is da bomb! And I know she took great delight in receiving your lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card!! It's so gorgeous and that it's mail-able is so awesome!! I love the colors!! And what a great idea the card chain is!! I know the recipient loved this!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete