4.15.2010

Faithbook Page ~ April! {Song of Solomons 2:11}

It's April 15th!  And for many people, that's Tax Day!  But it's also the day the SOTC has chosen for our montly Faithbook Club's post of our faith based scrapbook pages.   This project is my baby, one I am honored so many of the SOTC sistahs joined me in!  Love you, girls!

Although my March page is still misplaced and waiting to be re-made (waaaaaaaaah!), I can bring you April!  The hostess this month, sweet sweet Carol, gave us this most blessed verse to work with:   Song of Solomon, 2:11-12 ~ "the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing of birds is come ..."  Carol inspired us to think Spring - flowers, spring in the air ......... and I've had this beautiful picture of my daughter, Victoria, surrounded by a bed of flowers on her way and it just flowed.   I had just scooped up these wonderful "Flights of Fancy" papers from the Prima Collection at my LSS and wish I had picked up more!  They are positively exquisite.  

And no, that is not my floor, rofl!  It's outside :)~



 Layered on a 12 x 12 Purely Pomegranite cardstock (SU!), I paired up the papers that matched the best but still wanted to showcase my wee Victoria :)  The butons (SU and Fancy Pants) and large Prima paper roses  are added dimension, and the butterflies are more of the same paper just cut outs ... AND one of the biggest reasons why I scrapbook and not digi-scrap - I'm a texture person and love to play around with the "stuff!"  The scrolled, soft ribbon is from SU!'s Beachfront collection (scooped up from their awesome clearance sale .... why did I not buy more of that, too?!!)   The verse I added off to the side in coordinating paper (flip side to "faith") but not sure I'm happy with the outcome .. it's just sort of floating there, but everytime I added something there (butterfly, flower, etc) it blocked the photo ....... any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! :)



Entering in:  StampwithSarahKay - butterflies! Challenge 90

Thank you Carol, for a fantastic scripture to work with and inspire me to create this faith page :)  

Love + blessings!
~Kel

10 comments:

  1. Oh - this is so lovely! Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! It just oozes charm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4/15/2010

    Oh Kelly, I LOVE your page..it is simply amazing..you need to teach me how to do these..hands down STUNNING!!!! Way to go...well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page, Kelly! You must know I'd love it with all the butterflies! LOL!! Your Victoria is a little doll...so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, love all the butterflies and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great layout. Love all the flowers and butterflies! Your daughter is a babydoll!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kel, this is STUNNING! SO beautiful! I love how vintage this all looks and the picture of your sweet DD couldn't be more perfect! Thank you for sharing this beautiful work of art with us! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful page! I love all the elements you've added to the page, and the texture is wonderful! And of course that pic of your daughter is just adorable! You've framed it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally fab page, Kels! Love the papers and all those lovely embellies! The picture is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is breathtaking, Kelly! Absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete