9.10.2011

Remembering 9/11 ~ Peace be with you ...


Today I heard a radio announcer say that "everyone remembers what they were doing on 9/11 ~ How could we ever forget?"   I know we never will ...  I remember being in a gymboree class with my 3rd daughter and someone came running in, screaming and crying saying terrorists were bombing buildings and airplanes ... there we were, all us moms with infants on our hips, knee deep in paint and playdoh and bouncing balls.  I raced out of there and went straight to my other 2 daughter's schools and waited nearly an hour with throngs of other parents.  I think we all felt so vunerable, in disbelief and in sheer despair for our countrymen.  But truly our homage goes to those that were closest to this tragedy on that day -  and I'm so proud of how our country came together in the face of adversity, stood united together and reminded us all that we love our country and it's people.   I have the utmost respect for all of the heroes of this day - past and present, those with us and those in heaven.   God be with you all today as we reflect on this 10 year anniversary - Peace be with you all.

I wanted to make a card for today's special post and love the digis from K n K Designs.   Her images are so adorable.  This one actually came from the OWH site where it is a freebie and also available to try on her store.  This humble card will go in the stack that I have ready for mailing to OWH - I try to have a monthly mailing but have been failing in that area since the summer, soon to be corrected!  To read about OWH and their mission statement, click here :)


Inside of the card - I'm thankful!

And here is a video to share with you on this day - to reflect, to remember, to warm the heart.
Thanks for stopping by today - and may September 11th be a moment of reflection in whatever way is comforting to you.  I look forward to tomorrow's sermon as I know it will be one filled with love and respect and much faith for a country that will truly never forget.

Big hugs,
Bigger Blessings,
~Kelly

Deets:  Bazzill red, Brocade Blue, PTI white: DCWV dsp;
digi Image from K and K Designs for OWH; prismacolor markers; Cuttlebug; nesties;
fiskars star punch; cream grosgrain ribbon; white gel pen; AC buttons; twine, 3 d dots; tombo

Sharing this card with these challenges: Mark's Finest Papers - Use a Diecut
Stampin' B's Challenge - Anniversary (10 year annv. of 9/11)
Crafty Catz - Use Ribbon!

21 comments:

  1. This is a perfect card to remember September 11th. It is so hard to believe that it has been 10 years. It feels like yesterday when we all heard the tragic news...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, It is so true, I think everyone knows what they were doing on 9/11. I am looking forward to seeing all the projects that will be posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love this as a tribute, gorgeous work as always. I will not forget 9/11, I was a Corporate Travel Manger and everyone rushed to me to find out if we had employees on the plane, so I was not given any time for it to sink in until I got home to a tv. Prayers to all, especially all our heroes who rushed into those buildings to help and those on Flight 93 that saved our Capital.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card to remember 9-11 with! Our world was changed that day, but this card brings comfort when I look at it. Wonderful job! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully written, Kelly. Your card is a perfect thank you card for any service member. Love the red white and blue!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Kally and beautifully written.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect card for this remembrance, Kelly. My husband and I were in Florida on holiday and we were told to leave the Universal Studio theme park. We went to the nearest main town and it was deserted apart from people watching the horror in a TGF bar. Unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your remembrance, Kelly and for posting the Alan Jackson song. Thanks for playing in this weeks challenge to use a punch over at Mark's Finest Papers. We appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember that morning very clearly, even though I was only 9 at the time. I think it's true - none of us will forget what happened or what we were doing when it happened. Your card is so perfect, especially for today. I love how you made the flag into the background. Love the star and bow...and everything!! Thank you for sharing!
    Katlyn
    K 'n K Designs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness Kelly what a striking card. I love it, inside and out and love you too my friend....♥♥♥..this is a tough day and this card is oh so perfect...we do owe a lot to all the men, women and families that give so much for us so that we can still enjoy freedom...some out there don't appreciate these amazing, brave people (shame on them)....but Oh my goodness what would we do without them??? I thank God for their courage and dedication....Thank you for the beautiful card to honor all our hero's both living and in heaven...for without them where would we be??

    Bless you my sweet friend...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful card my friend! I don't know of a single adult that didn't feel vulnerable on that day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card, Kelly!! Both the inside and out!! I must admit that I was home with DS and was clueless until Mike called home to see what I thought about it all. After I changed the tv from PBS kids, I was devastated!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kelly what a beautiful tribute. Thank you for creating such a patriotic card to honor the men and women of that day and those who continue to fight for our freedom. Thank you so much for playing along with Speedy the Cat's Challenge this week. It is a joy to visit and see what you made for us. Good luck in the stamp drawing. Looking forward to seeing you play again with us next week.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful patriotic card! Beautiful tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kelly, this is a beautiful and patriotic card. I love it.
    Thank you for your post today!

    It's a lovely tribute!
    :)
    n

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooh this is Beautiful.thanks for joining our challenge at CRAFTY CATZ this week, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMGosh this is one gorgeous creation,
    fabulous colour theme, I love the ribbons and the image is adorable its just perfect for our Challenge this week,

    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge #99 Ribbons,

    I hope you can join us again next week

    I have some new Calorie free candy if you are interested

    Good Luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :-)x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this layout! The die cut star and stripes is perfect. Great job, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome card. It is nice to see that people have not forgotten that horrible day. You did those who lost their lives justice. Thanks for playing with us here at Speedy the Cat's challenge this week. We hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. fab tribute card...thanks for playign with the B's

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is absolutely perfect, Kelly. We were struck by the horror of it all here as well and I will never forget that day. My prayers go out to those who are still impacted daily by the memories of those they lost.

    ReplyDelete