2.10.2012

Love your Nature :)

Hi!  Aren't you happy it's Friday!  I'm just beat!  This week has been a whirlwind with zero craftng time.   The kids have had me uber busy and yet the weekend it just as jam packed but luckily we get to sneak away for a few hours tomorrow in between a rehearsal and an audition to a nature park!  It's a magnificent place here in Florida that has so much native nature from Mangrove trails to fishing streams. 

When the girls were little, and now I tell my son that same, I always followed the "Leave no trace" philosophy (Bigfoot!)  The basic premise is leave nature where nature lies - if you take rocks and plants and shells, etc from the places they are, there won't be much left for others to enjoy.  Whenever we visit National Parks or a nature area, I always remind them of the "Bigfoot rule" - enjoy it, love it, but leave it behind :)  {You can read about it here!}  We recently had a field trip at the Deering Estate and the guide was asking them a lot of questions: what Indians lived in this area, what plants are native, why can't you disturb Florida's Coral Rock, a protected element.   My son's hand shot up saying "Oh! Oh!" and the guide called on him and he proudly exclaimed "We're leaving it behind for Bigfoot!"  LOL!  Um, he sorta missed the point on that one ;)

So, speaking of nature, I thought I'd share with you the card I made for January's SOTC with our uber fabulous hostess, Judy!  Judy asked us to create a card using something that inspires us, to use our favorite colors, and to include a picture of ourselves.  I only did 2 out of 3, rofl!  But my card was a reflection of my faith and how much it IS the center of all that I am and who(m) I plan to still become :)  I was inspired by our recent Christmas trip to the mountains where we had the most luxurious cabin for a week that had a wrap around porch just like this one.  I would say that I could live there forever, but truly my one true love is the ocean and I know I would miss it dearly!  So using greens and teals and an image for Our Daily Bread called Porch.  I actually stamped this with the matching sentiment "He restores my Soul" before I realized it wasn't the one I meant to use - oopsie!  On the remaining cards, I used the right one "Stop and consider God's wonders" which is the wish I have for all my family and friends - IRL and online! :)  There is so much beauty around us - and it's nice to know that we'll always have a gorgeous nature to love! x0x0

Thanks for stopping by today!

Big hugs,
Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly

27 comments:

  1. Your card is so soft and beautiful Kelly! Great colors
    I love the story of your son and the guide. That is funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the soft pretty colors which are so restful and your coloring of your image is just gorgeous.. It looks and sounds like a place I would love to run away to and recharge the batteries when needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, this is so peaceful looking and just gorgeous. Love those wonderful colors you used on here too. So pretty and makes me want to take a trip now!
    Love the "Bigfoot rule" too!
    Lunn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I need to remember to show K, he thinks you only own pink paper ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutly lovely....this awesome card exudesssssss peacefulness and your true love for Him and the wonderful nature He wisely provided to surrounds us with...
    Love this card very very much ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Love that image and the scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and serene.....I like the sentiment just as it is. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and wonderful colors. Big Foot Rule is aces!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the gentle soothing colors of this gorgeous design, Kelly! Stunning work with this fabulous image!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous2/11/2012

    Oh wow girl!! This card is so pretty!! Love the colors and fabulous sentiment too!! :) TFS your "bigfoot rule"!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Big Foot story, Kelly and I agree that nature needs to be protected for those to come. Your card is beautiful and I really like the colours you chose, the teal and the yellow are so soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the calm and serene feel this card brings. All those colors... how you have the lights glow thru the windows... wow! And, the porch, the flowers, that sentiment... divine!

    Your son gave me the chuckles today... Gotta love the "Bigfoot rule"!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the color combo, Kelly. The muted colors of the porch scene is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning, Stunning Card Kelly. I want to sit there and read and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty card! Everything about it seems to say 'relax'! Maybe that's why you went with this sentiment by accident!
    Love the 'bigfoot' story! We've always shared the same philosophy with our girls. You can look and usually touch, but everything stays where we found it. It would always upset me when we would go hiking and find someone threw their water bottle or trash in the woods on a trail and now my girls are the same way! Train a child...

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a WOW card Kelly! I love the sentiment,image, colors... just everything about this card! So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kelly, What a lovely card and awesome sentiment. Great story too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a beautiful card! Just lovely!
    Your son is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely card but what an even better response to your environment.
    Every trip I did was a take only photos leave, only footprints experience.
    Our world is too fragile and precious to be reckless with so I love your similar attitude Kelly.
    I hope your weekend was restful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card, Kelly !! I really like the colors and your layout. Enjoy your time !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Without a doubt, this is a spectacular creation. What gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the colours on this card. that porch looks so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful Kelly. The color palette is gorgeous! Very serene.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your story, one that you will remember forever :) The card is just perfect, my kind of front porch, sitting and saying hey to the neighbors, love it and the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card Kelly. Great image, your flower is beautiful, I love the colour combo. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such soft colors! Now I really wish I had a front porch.

    ReplyDelete