4.04.2013

The Boo-Boo card ...




Good morning, sweet friends!  

Yes, I made a boo-boo!  And even though I'm one of the clumsiest people ever, the boo-boo is actually my card! :)   

You know those moments when you are gettin' your craft on and you make a silly mistake?   Sometimes I catch myself looking at the 'error' and think "uh-oh, time to start over." But the real challenge is looking at it again - rethink it and craft onward :) 

That's exactly what happened to me when I inked up my Sweet 'N Sassy stamp set "Poppies and Greetings", a set I've had for forever-and-ever.  I inked up this darling stamp, and placed it on the paper, right where it was supposed to be - easy peasy!  Until I lifted it back up and realized a splotch of ink went with it!  Doh!

Rather than just start over, I challenged myself to a little creativity and just restamped the image again, cut out one of the flowers and added it over the splooch :) 

Take a peek at the boo-boo card, all mended and blended and healed up with love and care....

I started with the boo-boo ........ 






and ended with this! 



Here is the inside of my card - left blank for now :)


I added an extra blossom and an extra stem, propped it up for more dimension and then gave it a sprinkling of yellow stickles.
I'm so pleased with how this card turned out and how cheerful it feels, which is super since it started out as a boo-boo! :)

I would love to hear your boo-boos that you've made and how you turned them into something wonderful!  As always, thanks for stopping in today!


Big hugs, Bigger Blessings!

~Kelly

28 comments:

  1. Wow, your boo boo really makes it pop! I love the addition of the extra bloom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! Love the colors, and love the creative soultion! I wouldn't have thought of that! I would have probably just just colored around it with my distress inks..thanks for sharing that! Hope you have a fab day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card and I think it is perfect. How creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it....
    Too bright? I don't think so at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A terrific save!! Can't count the number of boo-boos I've had and not all were salvageable but most were.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly, this card is gorgeous! Seriously, you should make boo-boos more often. LOL! I love the way you added a blossom to fix the bo boo. So clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card looks great, no sign of an error. Crafter are creative people :-) You have done great !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful save to your boo-boo! Love the colors, So cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the boo-boo!!!! Great "save" and a gorgeous card! Love those colors too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great catch on your boo-boo! Love this card and the wonderful color combo you used!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think of things like this as "boo-boos" - just opportunities to embellish. :-) I love your card - it's very bright and cheerful.

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and great save :-) Butterfly die cuts, bows and rhinestones often cover my boo boos.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Card. You cleared up your mistake very well and the image is pretty. The papers are wonderful and the ribbon is nice.

    Zoe
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kelly, this is a perfect example of how a mistake can turned into the best creation. I love the dimension the added flower gives to the overall look which is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that you thought to add another gorgeous flower! This is great Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kelly, I wish my boo-boo's looked this good! :) I don't think there is anything ever that comes out off your craft table looking bad...Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Opportunity Kelly made your card so much nicer. I think you might be deliberately splotching from now on. I have just had the same thing happen with a layout. every one who has seen it has commented on how wonderful my solution is - they don't know. Ink had flicked onto the photo and I turned it into a delicate vine.
    So of course now it will be part of the class design!
    Love your art!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Kelly, inside and out. Yes I have had my shares of boo boo's :).

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card is really special. I love the fresh colors and the beautiful image! Popping up one blossom is brilliant and don't ever tell the recipient that it's to cover a boo boo! It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a smart way to fix boo-boos. Now, how do I fix paper when I cut it unevenly? haha

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow-that is one gorgeous Boo-Boo!!! I love the popped up flower- and LOVE the image and the colors too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Best boo-boo solution EVER!! What a gorgeous card, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Gorgeous card. Love the bright cheerful colors and your image is fabulous! Great job on saving your card. It really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The brighter the better, I always say! It's cheery. I love your card and I never would've guessed you made an error. It looks perfect. I confess I have made the same error myself far more often than I'd like to admit!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great save!! I'll have to keep this one in mind, because I do that ALL the time. Beautiful card too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Genius! Way-to-go just rolling with it and that pop up added even just that much more to this gorgeous card. Love how you did the centers of the flowers too. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous cover up! Thanks so much for sharing your process in fixing the mess up. I really enjoy seeing how others create.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great save! If all my boo boos turned out this well, I would start making them on purpose!! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete