7.07.2013

A flower a day keeps the ...... snow away!


Hi there!  This has been a productive and crafty weekend for me - rare but exciting none-the-less :)  It's so hot here, even with the beach and pool visits we have been making, it's soooo much nicer to stay in and ink and color! :*)

I thought I'd share the card I made for the SOTC (card group on SCS) ~ our hostess this month is Maryann.  Bless her heart, Maryann has had her share of snow and more snow -  and asked us to create a card with flowers to bring out the sunshine!   I actually created one, totally CAS, and then read her requirements to include at least one embellishments, so in order to keep the CAS look, I added a dallop of ric-rac and some tiny pearls in pale yellow.
      



Here was the original: just a subtle difference, right?

I'm still trying my hand at creating new things this year.  You may remember from this post, it's my LINY year!  I absolutely fell in love with this card and wanted to CASE it, however, as you can see, that idea fell way through!  I'm not really happy with how this turned out, but I had good intentions :/ 
 I'm trying to embrace the crisp, CAS look of cards and have these wonderful ideas - then put them 'on paper' and it just falls flat ... no pun intended! :)  I thought Bridget's card was stunning in blue, but really wanted to use yellow - to represent sunshine and to make it cheery.  I also had fun playing with one of my old stamp sets again as per my crafting goals, like this one from SNSS from their February flower of the month (Iris) collection.  


The color combo at Dynamic Duos this week is to use green and yellow, so I'll go ahead and enter this card there ...  



and Cas-ual Fridays Challenge #108 asks for a CAS card with a swatch of any material - I used ric-rac on the card so I'll go ahead and enter this card to their challenge as well :)


Thanks for stopping by today ~ have a great rest of the weekend!

Big hugs, Bigger Blessings!

~Kelly

29 comments:

  1. Pretty, fresh and very spring-like!! I think the strip of ric-rac and the little pearls are the perfect embellishments for the lovel CAS card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sell yourself short - these are very pretty and I would be happy to receive one in my return swap package!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if that doesn't stop the snow I don't know what will! I love how CAS your card looks. Glad you're enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pretty iris! Great job on creating a lovely clean and simple card! I'm so glad you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet-Sweet Card Kelly! Love the image and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly this is stunning - love it with the wee bit of ric rac and pearls.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. It´s a wonderful CAS card, Kelly. The silver pearls and the ric-rac ribbon are a perfect accent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Your coloring of the flowers is perfect and I love how you added a touch of color to the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kelly! Your card is so refreshingly beautiful! I love the CAS look and the addition of the embellishments, too.

    I know I (or any other Sistah) would be proud to receive one of these gorgeous cards in our return envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very pretty, Kelly!! I love this delicate beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello friend!! WOW! Gorgeous card! Love that sentiment!! Just wanted to stop by and say hello! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how this card turned out! The highlighted words are great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kelly - shame on you for using that four letter word! :) Being from NE Ohio we don't even want to hear the word snow for a long time! LOL!! Your card is lovely - I love the "happy yellow" color and the CAS design. Very cheerful and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. sooo pretty. i love the one with the ric rac... it finishes the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great card for both Challenge Themes Kelly. I love the overall CAS design and am always amazed at how by just adding the touch of one other thing such as you have done with the ric rac and pearls transforms it so magnificently. Beautifully Done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty card! The white background looks great and I love the added ric rac trim and the highlight of the sentiment. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both card are lovely, but I really love how the ric rac grounds the image.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous7/09/2013

    Lovely card! I realli like how you highlighted some words on the sentiment :)
    Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Flat, huh?? How about flat-out beautiful??!!

    Love the shock of yellow on the white! Nicely dramatic yet not overdone. I think you achieved the crisp and clean look of CAS. I also love the softer colors highlighting words in the sentiment. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is very pretty! I like the bit of ric rac! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely gorgeous! Love how you highlighted some of the words too. I hope I get one! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yep, I do think the ric rak adds a little something special to your beautiful card. The tone-on-tone and small scale really helps keep it CAS. Thanks so much for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very nice clean & simple card. I like the effect of coloring some of the words and the rickrack is perfect for the embellishment! Thanks for playing Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both versions are wonderful! I do like how the ric-rac grounds the flower and the bit of color behind the words is such a fantastic idea! Gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful and sweet card!
    Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. It looks great with or without the embellishments. Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I enjoy highlighting words too...great job!

    ReplyDelete