1.02.2014

Hi! What's Perking!

 Good Morning ~ what's perking!
I'm lucky to have some free crafty moments this winter break ~
as well as lots and lots of my favorite ... coffee!


As part of my goals for this year, 
I am continuing to ink up my treasured stamps.
And you might know from visiting me previously 
how much I adore TAWS stamps!!!

I inked up my Breakfast Club stamp set that has been patiently
waiting for me to ink up due to a hectic past month(s).
It's always fun to play along with the TAWS challenges 
and I try not to miss them if I can help it - they are very inspiring.
As a HUGE coffee fan, this set was a must have for me
and as soon as I saw the challenge photo, an idea arose.
Rather than go with a Christmas theme, I used the photo to
inspire more of a welcome to January card!
 I pulled from the 4 colors of the stockings and used that
as  my paper choice.  I paper-pieced the coffee cup and added
scattering of pearls, as well as using a blue card base like the mantel.

Here is my card:


And the inside of my card:


You can see the inspiration photo here:


I used the wonderful sketch from cardabilities to build my card base.
Here is their sketch ~  
I'll enter this into their challenge #90. 

 


 I was recently inspired by several of my friends on SCS to join 
a 100 cards in 100 days challenge.  This is actually my 2nd card of the year.  I won't be doing a card a day or daily blog but will aspire to complete a collection of needed cards to use through-out the year
and that's a great source of inspiration!
Nothing on this card used today was a new purchase ~ just new to use! 





http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/splitcoast-challenges-f40/2014-100-100-first-round-t581992.html
100 cards

 
I'll enter this card into one of my favorite stops~
Word Art Wednesday challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!

Big hugs, Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly

 Card:  Cardstock:  Bashful Blue from Stampin' Up:  Dsp = MME
Stamp = TAWS "Breakfast Club"
Prismacolor markers, Cuttlebug, nesties, scissorbees, momento ink,
kaiser pearls, glitter cardstock, tombo, 3D dots

18 comments:

  1. Kelly this is so fun and a great take on the sketch. Love the mix of design papers.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 130,000 Page View Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
    Wishing you all the best that 2014 has to offer.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Kelly! Great design papers and coffee is a favorite of mine too! Happy New Year to you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love the colors and the coffee image is great indeed. It really inspires me to make some more cards (and to make another coffee.. ;) ) Thanks for sharing and have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, this is such a bright and cheery card. Love the mix of colors and papers. You rocked the sketch and did a fabulous job on the design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, this card is GORGEOUS! love love LOVE the coffee theme... and the way you added the image inside is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute and cheerful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful!! I love the colors and design!! The inside is fabulous, too!! Happy, happy new year!! I hope 2014 brings you all you wish for!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun and colorful and just plain wonderful!!! LOVE IT!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like all the colors and bright patterns. Super fun card. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cheerful and bright card! Love the wonderful papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card and the sentiment is perfect for the start of a new year! Great use of the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Kelly - I looked at that inspiration photo and went blank!! You have made an amazing card using it as an inspiration.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the coffee card! Great colors - bright, cheery, and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a super sweet card, Kelly. I love the coffee cup image, and I thank you so much for sharing with us, and please join us again soon.
    God bless,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute card! Love all the fun colors you used, perfect for the inspiration photo.

    One of my goals is to make 100 cards...will have to check out the group!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is the perfect DP for the challenge! What a cute card. I like how the paper piecing turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card, great image
    Thanks for joining in this week at Inky impressions challenge.
    Hugs katie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a coffee lover too and this is just as cute as can be! Wonderful mix of papers.

    ReplyDelete