8.31.2014

DDD: Friends are Family ...

 
"And then she said ........"  :)
 
 
I don't know about you, but I adore these Art Impression "Girlfriends!" 
They are so true to real life and just bring out the biggest smiles :)
I was so excited to see that Michaels started carrying
these sets a few months back and scooped up a couple.
 
But this yummy card is from the hostess of the current DDD
round, Carol!  She (for Team Divas) and Melina (for Team Dazzlers)
came up with the theme for August:
"Friends are the Family we chose for ourselves."
Isn't that the sweetest!

 
Carol sent us this darling image to work with along with a super
purple-y kit!  There was so much in her kit, I could make a stash of cards :)
Because I'm already late, and trying to make it under the wire
for at least posting IN AUGUST (hee hee!),
my card is rather on the typical Kelly style - little banner,
off centered, and I added the sentiment in a loopy way,
sadly covering their shoes but it looked cute :)
 
Thanks ladies for a fun round!
Be sure to stop in and see what the DDD teams have made -
you can find them all in my sidebar.
 
I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday weekend!
 
Big hugs, Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly

19 comments:

  1. Oh so cute and fun! Love the way you did the banner on here Kelly and of course the image and sentiment are wonderful.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable!! The image is so fun!! Love the colors, too!! What a fabulous card!! It makes me smile!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that AI expands their exclusive stamps for Michaels with more, more more! Love the girlfriends and how can you not smile at such a fun, happy card! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look as if they are having the time of their lives...wonder what/who they are talking about? :-) Love the flower and the card is so awesome and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you colored the main image, and that sentiment is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look like best friends.. Love the image, and the sentiment is so true :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Kelly - beautifully put together and such a wonderful image and quote.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! Love your soft pretty coloring, and the banner is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the AI girlfriends! And what a fabulous design with these two! I especially love the over and under fishtail banners for your sentiment! Sensational work, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, and I love that fantastic coloring!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kelly, this is such a fabulous card. The sentiment is so true; and the image captures the wonderful, happy times friends share.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! Love the "girlfriends" collection too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love art impressions!your card is adorable and beautifully created! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kelly what a fabulous card. I like how the gals are bending at the knee because they are laughing so much. Definitely a Kelly Card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute! I love that pop of light green and how it brightens the card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous coloring Kelly!!! Gorgeous colors and what a fun sentiment to go with your image! ;) Thanks for sharing! Hugs - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kels! You and me...late to the party but is it ever worth it. Love, love, love your card with all the scrumptious layers and the beautifully colored "best friends"! And those banners add a dynamic element and showcase that terrific sentiment highlighted with the pretty posie!! Love being a DDD with you, dear friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kelly--love the card. Your coloring is always so great--every color just pops off of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. They look like they are having so much fun together so I would have to say that you did an amazing job expressing the theme! I love the pretty purple flower!

    ReplyDelete