5.09.2015

A hop, skip and a jump! :)

 
Happy Weekend!
 
The 3 Musketeers are back again {the 9th of every month!}
with an adorable jump rope girl by Nellie Snellen.
Jeanette was our hostess and sent us this image to work with,
which is a new company for me as I hadn't heard of it before.
I do love how fun and whimsical it is.
 
Tom Stoppard said "If you carry your childhood with you,
you will never become older."
 
Isn't it wonderful when you can spend your day doing something
that brings you back to the 'good ol days' :) 
Growing up mostly in Europe,
 my brother and I spent our childhoods making the world our playground
and that's something I've tried to instill in my children as well.
I'm blessed that we've remained so close and have fun together ~
they know that I'm the first one in whenever there is
 a mud pie to be made, a bike to ride, sidewalk chalk to draw,
underdoggin' the swing to be the absolute highest!
Though somehow the jump ropes always ended up
 being Tarzan ropes in our house :)
 

After looking at the image,
I went in search of my childhood/play
papers and remembered an old mat stack I have had forever ..
it was a perfect match.
The bright colors, the whimsical papers ...
and a simple card design with buttons, of course!
 
I try to create the inside of my cards with the scraps of dsp
I have leftover so this card inside is blank and simple :)

 
You can see what Barb and Jeanette have made with this
same image by stopping by their blogs, too!
 
For all the moms and grandmas and moms at heart,
I sent you blessings and wishes
for a most wonderful, playful, carefree Mother's Day  ♥
 
Big hugs, Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly

22 comments:

  1. Such a cute image and I love what you did for your design. The papers are perfect and I like the button trim that you added. Hugs, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you do it, but you always seem to have the absolute perfect paper for your images! Cute, cute card and know what you mean about the jump ropes too. Ours usually ended up trying to tow a go-cart we'd attempted to make.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is adorable. I love the bright papers and that cute, cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card Kelly - love the papers you have used - and the buttons!
    I have had a wonderful Mother's Day, and I hope you have a wonderful day too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. A mum in a million Kelly is what you are my friend.
    Wonderful card with the most gorgeous colours and added goodies. Hope you had a lovely day for mother's day.xx {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute, Kelly! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly, Happy Mom's Day. What a perfect card that reflects happiness & childhood. Love the skipping rope image, and such fun & bright papers that set off this image so beautifully. Loved the way you've incorporated these trims on the interior, and it's just as lively & cheery as the front of this cutie. TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Mother's Day! I like the fun papers and fun image on your card. I really like how you did this inside.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so adorable Kelly! Love the cute image and the fun colors and design. I hope you had a fantastic Mother's Day weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. FUN card, Kelly !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so sweet and adorable!! The image is so fun!! I love the papers you used!! This is a happy card!! Love it my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so darling Kelli!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet image and pretty buttons...Thanks for joining Brown Sugar Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a really sweet image!! She makes me smile!! Your colors are so bright and happy and fun!! Wonderful design my friend! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the adorable image! Sweet card and great papers as always!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card Kelly with such a sweet image we had this month! I love the colors and the layout is wonderful--cute use of the buttons too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kelly what a gorgeous, colourful, and happy card love, love that cute image and the fabulous papers, super, super make.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Kelly! Of course your card is perfect in every way - inside and out! Love the cheerful papers and your coloring of the brunette little girl! I also absolutely loved reading your post! So many memories from your past as well as the memories you are creating with your children today were found there.

    Thank you for another great 9th! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun and super sweet card! Your papers and buttons go so well with the wonderful image! Our jump ropes always ended up as lassos!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so incredibly sweet. Wonderful bright colors! My 8 year old is currently in the jump rope phase and she instantly came to mind when I saw your lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very Nice! I love the ponytails!

    ReplyDelete