2.08.2016

It's a LOVE thing! ♥

 Hi friends!

It's me, wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day ♥
I told my husband 'Look!  It's me on a card!"

With a smile and careful consideration,
 he offered "Baby, that is definitely not you on the card."

Well, I looked again and lo and behold, he's right!
I sadly do not own those cool heart shaped glasses!
Hee hee! :-)


{And the inside of my card}


Confession time!
One of my favorite things about celebrating Valentines
is seeing the decorated shoe boxes come home from school
with all the little handwritten To and From names and notes!
I love to go through them with my son
and see the assortment of U R My Best Friend,
I ♥ U, Be Mine, U R So Sweet and so on -
soooo cute!!

I'm old fashioned, I s'pose ....
I see pins and boards on Pinterest of the cutest 
Valentines treats and handmade tags and cards
BUT ..

I think the kids should make them!
I really do!
My son gets out his little magic markers and writes his name
as many times as it takes
 for Sunday School, classroom,
teachers, speciality area teachers ...
I believe in lost art of letter writing, thank you notes, hand written cards ♥
He doesn't mind and but does say the kids in class think
 "It's all about the candy, mommy!"

Yeah ....
I'm all about that life, too :-)

I'll enter my card into the Art Impressions monthly challenge: LOVE
Simon Says Stamp: Have a Heart
Friday Mashup:  LOVE 

Thanks for stopping by today!
Big hugs, Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly

22 comments:

  1. She's precious! As always your color combinations are fabulous! Love the sparkly red heart on the sentiment! I remember back to the day when I would make little Valentine cards/tags/treats for my three kids - and I'm thinking - how did I ever have the time???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word this is just as cute as can be Kelly!! :) I love that image, your card design and your coloring looks amazing too!! Really fun card!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! What a hoot!!!! Love your sons thoughts on "it's all about candy" too! Cute!!!
    Well, it's not me either since I don't have that pretty dress or the shoes. Put her in a pair of flip flops and then we may be talking! LOL! Cute, cute, and fun card Kelly. Just darling!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another AI Girlfriends on my must order list! If only I liked to color, I would order them all!! What a sensational Valentine, Kelly!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulously fun image and card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card. I love the mix of heart papers in the background layers. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha- that is such a cute stamp! I love her dress and the heart glasses, her earrings and all of the way down to her shoes! Precious! As always, the perfect pairing of DP's! Loving your lil guy making his own V-day cards too- how fun is that : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is so adorable!! She's too cute!! I love that she's decked out in hearts!! Beautiful papers, too!! Love this my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's not to love about this cute card...it's got everything! The AI Girlfriend stamp is so funny, and I love what you did with it! Thank you so much for linking up and playing with us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol, oh Kelly you are definitely like a ray of sunshine in our lives you are so funny, I love that image with her heart shaped glasses, the papers and vibrant colours are ACE
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a fun card!!! thank you for playing a long with us at the SImon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun Valentine card. When I was in second grade my sister made my shoebox for valentines. I loved that box!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card--love the image and it just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with you that kids should make their own cards for Valentine's Day...they are SO charming when they are handmade. And speaking of charming, your card is just that! AI stamps are great and you did a superb job showcasing them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very fun and sassy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute card!! Thank you for joining us over at Friday Mashup!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my Kelly, what a great card. I love the coloring and the layout of the card...two thumbs up ...wonderful job..You are too funny....(not having the glasses) you don't look anything like this lady...lol.But you are just as fun. Hope you have an amazing valentines day!!! hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  18. FUN card, Kelly and great colors !!

    My new crafty home: My Crafty Home

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card! I just love her! Thanks for joining us in the Ai Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love love love her and these Ai stamps!! Super fun card with lots of tude!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love love love her and these Ai stamps!! Super fun card with lots of tude!

    ReplyDelete